Monday, January 13, 2020

Skeezer Steals My Boat

  • 19 Dollar Thursday
  • 24 Dollar Friday
  • 46 Dollar Saturday
  • 96 Dollar Sunday
Or, would "LAME" have been more apropos?

Well, I guess I have picked up the busking a bit, having put in about 8 hours over the past 4 days, for a total of $175. Equal to $21.88 per hour.

Blog Posts Piling Up

There has to be a way for me to distill the entire past week into a blog post.

The main theme would have to be the fact that I have started drinking again.
Only red wine, and only to the bottom of the label of the bottle.
This is the point that I had always put the cork back in the bottle over the 20 odd years that I had that same amount of wine with my meals every night.
Any further drinking would put me over a certain threshold of being able to play music at my "highest level."

There are always trade-offs involved in being an addict.

The red wine pairs so well with the much healthier diet that I had gotten away from, that the return to eating that way is a consolation prize for being a drinker again.

Comment Commentary

First, no one reads these blogs. Secondly, Daniel's hardly The Voice Of New Orleans. Nobody cares what he thinks or writes about etc.-Alex In California


Last night, Jacob and I were visited by a guy named John, and another guy whom John said was his son, although, they both looked the same age.

They said they had found and read this blog, and seemed to know more about Jacob than Jacob seemed to be comfortable with.

They had gotten the impression that Jake was "the villain" of the blog, so to speak, and were surprised to see him busking with me.
A tongue-in-cheek self congratulation

But, then they asked him about his ukulele playing, leading us to believe that they had confused Jacob with Alex in California (who is perhaps the real villain of the blog).

It's a mystery, how Alex could "just know" that nobody reads the blog, and furthermore, that it is because "nobody" cares what I think or say...

Maybe when his "Ukes Make Me Puke" blog earns the distinction of being one of the "top 15 lifestyle blogs of Hawaii," then he will be in a position to judge...

Until then, maybe he should stick to playing his uke, picking up sea shells and doing whatever the hell he wants to do. LOL!! 

1 comment:

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.