Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Same Experts Are Trying To Forecast The Weather 50 Years From Now

Hurricane Marco disintegrated, while veering away from us, and we only felt a couple drops of rain, as we waited behind our sandbags, stocked to the gills with batteries and water and peanut butter. 

How scientists can conclude that we are in state of "global warming" using the same toolbox is a real head scratch-er. 

Unless data is being used "politically" -the first thing one has to consider here in 2020. 

Things have been going pretty well here. It has been a trade off lately of drinking wine along with great food, but not so much that I am passing out and not getting some other things done. 

 Like Putting A New Tire On The Bike 

I put a brand new tire on the bike, one that was actually labeled "700C" which is the exact dimension that is etched into the wheels of my bike. I then found a tube which denoted: "Also fits 700C" I haven't had such a feeling of correctness in a long time. I inflated it to 55 pounds, as the instructions were to put it between 50 and 75 pounds, and the thing is solid as a rock with plenty of deep tread grooves and has been endowing my apartment with that nice rubber smell that we all love.

Should I Buy A Pistol?

I guess I have until the day after the next presidential election to decide that (although I'm going to want to take it out to the Bayou and practice shooting stuff with it).

I remember liking a .32 caliber one that a friend of mine had back in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.