Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday: Post Video Recovery

Monday, the day that it was promised that the laundry card dispenser would be reloaded with cards.

The time to busk again is fast approaching...

 

 

 

The machines don't take quarters anymore, and have recently stopped taking the Mastercard that my pandemic money comes on.

So, I left my heavy hamper full of clothes in the laundry room over the weekend, waiting on them to refill the card machine. It's kind of a test of the residents here; to see if they are low enough to steal other's clothing. Something like that would be good to know before I leave an expensive bike outside, or something...

If I think about it, while I am out, I might pop in on Bobby and see if I can borrow his laundry card. He doesn't live here anymore, but might still have his card in his wallet, if only for the fact that it might have some value left on it.

Having finished working for about 3 weeks on the "Buzz Is Right" video, the other side of my brain has been suggesting that I next to the video based on the Mel Bay Modern Guitar Method books that I have been studying since the age of 15.

To truly master those pieces would truly make you a master of the instrument.

But, it was an urgency of mine back then to "progress" and "advance" to the next book, then the next, thinking that this would elevate my skill level along with it; or that the books would teach me advanced stuff, in turn making me an advanced player.

But, I wish someone would have stopped me and told me that, unless I can get the first few pieces in the book to sound pretty good, there is no use turning the pages and not really learning the rest of the book. That would just have me half-ass playing the songs in Grade 7.

So, I think the next video I do is going to be one of the first pieces in Grade 2, shot on video and then some kind of lesson to go along with it, pointing out the baby steps that are intended to be ingrained in the 12 year old student, but that might not be evident unless the student is a practicing maniac who, in the 44th hour of repeating the same piece might have a revelation. An, "I don't have to lift my finger up and move it to the next string right here; I can just roll the fingertip a bit over onto the adjacent string, and play the note more smoothly..." type of moment.

Youtube has disabled comments on my video; most likely just because youngsters appear in it.

I still have a copy of it on my hard drive, in the event that it disappears from the web.

It will probably be the Mel Bay video that gets my channel shut down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.