Wednesday, November 30, 2022

My Sentiments, Exactly


Soon, I hope to get my house in order, and funnel the scattered energies that compel me, into the most "meaningful" endeavors.
I've been making some progress, having established a "morning"routine of washing dishes, wiping down counters, and sweeping up the kitchen...
And now, emptying Harold's litter box has been added to a ritual that takes only about 30 minutes to go through, but which gives me kind of a foundation upon which the rest of the day can be built upon.
No more working 36 hours straight on a piece of digital music until the point is reached when the smell of some garbage that was thrown in the trash 30 hours prior begins to encroach upon the studio room.
I'm becoming more aware of when I'm working hard but not "smart," and am trying to put myself to sleep on a more consistent basis. Working hard, but not smart might be illustrated by me spending a whole hour adding a high-hat cymbal manually to every beat of something, when it would have taken only 8 minutes to just lay out a track of high-hat cymbal hits for a duration, and then grab the guitar and play and sing the thing again, using the cymbal as a guide.
But, fatigue can cut into productivity. It is also a factor in making me feel like not doing a blog post.
Also, the issue of not being particularly proud of the way I might have frittered away a day, doesn't really motivate me to sit down and write all about it...
So, it is perhaps out of legitimate concern that someone commented about an update issuing forth from these pages.


I think this blog originally exuded an optimism which sprang from a belief that I was on the right track, somehow, and that my life would bear fruit, and that a reader would be invited along for the ride...
"Documenting My Ascendance From Homelessness To Superstardom" was the title, once. Now it has become "Did You Mean: Street Musician Daniel?" after a few intermediate reworkings, one of which I paraphrase as: "Can A Street Musician In The French Quarter Resist Being Seduced And Ruined By The Myriad Temptations Therein." That one was hard to fit on the banner without wrapping it around, as I recall...
But, evil (or something, I forget) thrives in darkness.
So I suppose It might have been out of genuine concern that "anonymous" left the above comment, and I tend to read between the lines of it: "Daniel, set your life on a more positive trajectory; one that you will be excited to blog about each day; stop doing things that you are ashamed of, at some level; please and thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.