Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Gales Of November

Here I sit at the keyboard like a million monkeys all over the planet...
Soon, I will be standing on the rocks in front of a pristine stream which has pooled in front of where the entrance to my shelter is.
The fire would still be smouldering from the evening before, when I cooked salmon over it. The local brown bear would be making noise not too far away and rearing its head over the scraggly pines which cling tenuously to the rocky hillsides. I would have placed a fish or two in a certain area so that it would eat and then go away without further disturbing me. It wouldn't be necessary for me to set off a firecracker to establish order in the woods.
Soon, I would be back to work, panning the stream for gold nuggets, of which I would have found about 3 ounces of at that point, and would be ready to notify the pilot of the helicopter that I had chartered to come pick me up and fly me the 800 miles to the nearest town.
There, I would trade my gold for cash credit to be applied to the balance of my American Express card, pick up any merchandise that I might have ordered online, using a special protocol so that the HAM radio in my cabin could be used as a modem, albeit a very slow one, and then, after maybe spending a few days and nights in that dinky little town, drinking and whoring it up, I would be flown back out into the Yukon, where I would resume panning for gold, and looking for other gem stones in the area and, of course, maintaining my "Panning Daniel" blog using the HAM radio protocol that is available as an open source application through Linux...using my solar charged radio.
Living on salmon and trout, and herbs that I am able to gather....
Or, I could get a job at Favela Chic as a dishwasher, and be an apartment dweller the rest of my days....

2 comments:

  1. No way...Ticks!
    The wildernesses version of skeezers.

    Take the dishwashing job.
    Or busk harder (smarter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd just end up like that "Alexander Supertramp" guy who didn't seem to realize that Alaska is ideal about 1-2 months of the year and the rest of the time is cold and miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.