Friday, March 27, 2020

@Craig

What piques my interest is that, the "community food basket" type thing that is set up at the elementary school across the street from our building is giving out some good food, like a gumbo that has hearty chunks of chicken in it, but that copious amounts of cow's milk is also handed out, along with the fact that such a large percentage of people don't eat the peas and corn that is in the other well in the tray, and they leave their apples on the donation table.
I'm more worried about what people are eating than the virus.
Also, the guy who stopped and gave me a bag of what amounted to "sweets," made me wonder how many people are living on a diet of honey buns and Doritos, and how many of them are on meds, prescribed for any one of the top ten causes of death in America (with heart disease topping the list).
It's not a matter of longevity to me, rather, quality of life. 
I am going to send about a dozen of those apples through my juicer, and I guarantee that I will feel like a million dollars after I start my day by drinking it.
Compared to the $35,187 that the guy who lives off honey buns probably feels like right now...
 

1 comment:

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.