Wednesday, April 29, 2020

One Post In Nine Days Unacceptable

A Work-Around For The Problem Of Not Posting Daily
So, here is the work-around:
As Harold is suggesting to me in the picture to the right, I should post daily  some little update, while continuing to work on and "save as draft" the longer stories which I keep wanting to add a little more to each passing day, and which take at least 9 days, in some cases, for me to publish...

To Be Continued?

There is always the "to be continued..." option, but, because blogger puts the most recent post at the top then, someone visiting the page might suffer from "thrownness" (which is a philosophical term that I learned in 1985, from a Philosophy major, who told me it is: "A belief that you came from nowhere and are going nowhere," i.e. you were just thrown into a universe that is not self-explanatory)

Frank Zappa might believe in thrownness, because he has a song that has the lyrics: "I come from nowhere; I'm going nowhere..."

Of course, I could start a post with: "Continued from last post..."

So, this is my daily post from the Wednesday that is today,

It is about the be the last day of April, 2020.

Notable about this date: 4 more days until food stamp card gets $194 put on it -balance of about 4 dollars on current month, but am on an apple juice fast, and think I have enough (see photo above) to get by.

1 more day before Bobby in building C gets his economic stimulus check, which he told me will be something like $2,800, I guess because he is getting social security, plus disability, and perhaps the fact that he used to make a lot of money climbing high towers to install cell phone equipment, when he worked.

14 more days before I might get my own economic stimulus check, after I visitied the irs.gov website and applied for one under the "non-filers" status.

This is for people who didn't file a tax return the past two years, and it could be because of having had no income. As far as their computer is concerned, I had no income and thus, didn't file.

This might be of interest to Craig N., blog reader* who is a busker who was in the same boat as me a while back in thinking that we were the ones who were going to be left to our own devices and would have to busk our way back to solvency, rather than get help from our rich uncle Donald...

*@Craig: I had a fear that you saw the "Virus Song" video (which, after watching myself a few days after doing, I found to be cringe-worthy to the max) and decided to stop "following" me...I didn't realize how much this guy truly sucks, type of thing. I hope this is not the case (that I truly suck, LOL) and that you are alright; and that you and I both get a check...

Stimulus Wish List (and other things difficult to repeat 3 times rapidly)

I have started a "wish list" for if/when I get the stimulus, and have added one of those "Guitar Hero" type video games to the list. A friend of mine had one that was attached to his TV and his gaming console thing (of which I know nothing about) and after messing with the thing for about a half hour, I noticed an improvement in my guitar playing later on that same night; and I have since wanted to get one of those things.

His was called Guitar (something) and attached to his electric guitar. One of the cool things was that, when you hit a correct note it would display in green, with red being for off notes, but there were a plethora of hues between green and red which showed when you were bending a note into (hopefully) pitch.

Item #2: A better home stereo speaker system -one that I don't have to mangle the wires around the jack to, in order to get sound to come out of both speakers.

Item #3: Perhaps my first really expensive harmonica, like one of the Susuki models that can be at least 100 bucks.

-New blade for my juicer
-Power adapters for the 2 "extra" laptops that I have been keeping the past year, so I can fire them up, load Linux on them and then maybe dedicate one to writing, one to music (by loading the Ubuntu Studio version of Linux, which is optimized for music production -there's that "latency" word, again-
-etc...

Kratomic Bomb

So, Jacob and I were in a little convenience store that sits within a quarter mile of his house.
I noticed that they had packets of kratom for sale, in the same kind of glass case that is used to keep stuff like pot pipes, erection pills, CBD oils and other valuables.

The store down the street from me has a similar case, but the kratom in it works out to being roughly twice the cost of sending away (and waiting 3 business days) for.

They had the same kind of deal in one packet that contained 30 grams for $19.99.

But then, they had one which was $29.99 for 3 ounces (84 grams) -a better deal, but not as good as an identical package sitting next to it, which was marked $24.99 -two different prices for the same product.

And then, there was a "it must be mis-labeled" packet of 8 ounces (a half pound!!) of Maeng Da kratom for $29.99.

The last one works out to being 4 dollars per ounce -less than half of the cost of an ounce that you would have to wait 3 (business) days for through AuthenticKrarom.com.

My mom had just sent me 60 dollars, and it was a bitter pill to swallow; the idea of spending half of it right off the top...

But then, I thought to myself that I was going to be getting kratom one way or another over in the future, at 9 bucks per ounce; so why not grab some at 4 bucks per ounce?

It was almost God's way of insuring that I would have kratom; which keeps me away from alcohol or other things, like gabapentin; instead of other things, like alcohol.

I still have money for Harold's food, I thought. And I am on a juice fast, upon which I only spend money on a gallon of spring water a day, and so I went ahead and bought the half pound of Maeng Da kratom and; look at me go, I've already written all of this, and the day is only an hour old (it is 10:27 PM).

I feel that I have very little to lose, by fasting, anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.