Monday, March 29, 2021

Eroding The Value Of This Blog

I couldn't find where I had written the number for the vaccination place that Lilly gave me; not even after ruffling through the pages of every book that I might have had open in front of me when I wrote it down.
So, I called her again, and I got it.
She reiterated that I would have to present a valid vaccination document before entering her pool this coming summer.
Other than that; I bought Barbra Streisand's Greatest Hits Volume 2 on vinyl, for a dollar, without a scratch and, I can hear Streisandheads echoing what I know in regards to the music that sold the most not necessarily being a window into the soul of the artist; but it was a dollar and, what is the saying? The worst Streisand is better than the.....?
And I got an Elvis Presley album that dates back to where it came from. It has the RCA logo with the dog barking into the Victrola, and when you put it on, you think that someone probably listened to this in 1969.
And, given the pristine condition of the disc; they didn't like it, put it back in the sleeve, where it sat until just recently.
It is a weird science -how Elves Presley's albums wind up at the Goodwill Store 3/8ths of a mile from here, without a scratch on them...
It makes you think that some person who would have been at the age to be interested in that vulgar hip swiveling pervert (that's a compliment) back in 1969, has now just passed away, and had his vinyl records donated to the Goodwill Store. 
A guy who bought Elvis records but didn't listen to them.
Either that, or he was super careful and would return the record to the sleeve immediately after playing it, would hit the record with a device to remove static electricity from the vinyl, and would never touch the playing areal, because acids in our skin oil will promote vinyl eating bacterium that will eat holes into the record, which will then issue the tell-tale pops when the needle encounters their handiwork.
It may be that just the acid secreted by humans alone can bore holes and make those popping sounds, without any bacteria being involved, I am too lazy to Google it right now; another example of alcohol usage eroding the value of this blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.