Sunday, March 28, 2021

Why Don't You Just Call Lillian?


 Lilly answered on the second ring and already knew who it was and so, went right into "Daniel, are you vaccinated?!" as a greeting.

Lilly has been vaccinated, as well as "the girls."

She has an appointment to get a second shot; she gave me the number of a place and advised me to ask for the Phizer (sp?) product, though said that one of the others was just as good.

The selling point of the Phizer one was that it is administered where Lilly went (her daughters, for some reason, got a different vaccine, from one of the other drug company's.

I think I understand the logic behind this, as well as I know Lilly.

She is a text book worry wart; and shrewd practitioner of danger avoidance.

She figures that, if one of vaccines works, it would protect that household member, from catching the virus from another, who might have gotten the one that doesn't work.

...starting to move stuff around a bit...

If Lilly's vaccine works, she is protected. And if that means that her daughters got the bum one, at least they are younger and far more likely to survive. That way, they all survive.

If Lilly gets the one that doesn't work, she still won't have to worry about getting it from the girls, because they would have gotten the other vaccine.

I guess Lilly feels the odds of both of the major manufacturers getting it wrong is not out of the realm of possibility, and hence worrisome, but nevertheless, she admonished me to call a certain number and ask for a certain nurse and then to go and get vaccinated. Monday (tomorrow).

She said that any chances of me swimming in her pool in the coming months would be contingent upon me showing my vaccination card at the gate... 

She also said that nobody has been playing on the street; although the street in front of her house was my main concern. That is good news.


One by day...

One by night...

  

 After I grabbed a watercolor kit at the dollar store, after stumbling upon some in their art supplies and school stuff section, I got to messing around a bit, and hopefully it will be a steep learning curve.

The lizard-like thing, most visible in the picture to the left, is about my first attempt at doing a watercolor, since I was living in a cave in the mountains of Phoenix, Arizona in 1999.

But, those were the solid type paints that you needed to wet in order to dissolve them and absorb them into the brush.

The stuff I got yesterday comes in tubes and are very concentrated in the tube, so that you can use them straight without adding any water at all; or you can dilute to your heart's content. This is a totally different painting experience from the ones I did of the city of Phoenix from my birds-eye view from "South Mountain" (elevation 2,330).


I used to stay up in the mountain, in my cave, for up to a couple days at a time, depending upon how much money I had made, driving a cab in the city below.

The cabs were leased for 12 hour shifts; easy to remember that you get off work at exactly the same time you started your shift, with the 12 hour shifts.

It often worked out that you didn't make your lease money ($57) until about four hours into your shift. Then it would, in effect, become an 8 hour shift of working where the money is going into your pocket and not the cab company's.

I was able to be a pretty upbeat and happy cab driver. I would hit a gym and shower and change into a clean shirt and tie. My hair was long, but could be gelled into a reasonably tame form.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.