Friday, June 3, 2022

"Bad News"

I remember as a kid growing up, my father admonishing me not to hang around with certain kids in the neighborhood; attaching such labels as "trouble," or "bad news" to the kids.

In other news; I am back to getting a couple hundred hits per post; thank you, Elon Musk, for taking Big Tech to task over their shadow banning of bloggers like myself.

I remember feeling slightly offended at the idea that any kids out there could have any power over me that could be used to corrupt me. If I was hanging out with David Saunders, it was probably because I already wanted to shoplift a Playboy magazine from the drug store (by paying a few cents for a daily newspaper, with the magazine hidden between its pages) and then flip through its pages while sipping on some bourbon pilfered from one of Mr. Saunder's bottles of it. For a kid with those intentions, David Saunders was good news.

Fast forward to now, and I've got JR knocking at my door telling me that I can walk to the store with him and he will buy me liquor or cigarettes out of the money he just got 2 days ago in his disability check.

I can be bright and energetic and busking tonight, using only a glass of kratom for energy; or I can be sloppy drunk and slurring my words and my musical notes, depending upon whether or not I take him up on his offer. His typical plan would be to expect me to hang out and jam with him on the same 3 chords while he plies me with more alcohol and discourages me from going out the busk. He can buy me whatever I want; so why go out there into that chaotic scene? type of thing...

The result is that I want to avoid him; but I want to avoid him by hopping on my bike and going to buy my own liquor. It's as if his alcoholism is contagious.

I think JR might be bad news...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.