Thursday, July 30, 2026

Boogie Man Shood Away

Here it is,  about 4 pm. and it's Thursday, the 30th of July.


I am walking  a lot better after consulting Meta AI (instead of going to a doctor) about the nerve damage to my left leg. I would say 'foot,' but I believe I pinched a nerve in my knee when I was kneeling on it awkwardly trying to sing into a microphone that my guitar cable was too short to reach all the way to. I wound up doing a half hour long track in this unbalanced attitude, and when I was done, and got up to walk, my left foot was totally numb, and stayed that way for most of the next day and for the next week I was walking around with my left foot flopping on the ground like a duck's foot.

Three weeks later,  now, and there is still pain.

But, having tried  an Ibuprofen or two out of what Jr. gave me, and also a couple of the gabapentin that he gave me a handful of, I can't really be sure if there is pain being muted, or very little pain.

I guess it's  not important enough for me to have the use of one of my legs; because I haven't mustered up the resolve to just do a 15 day water only fast, and slug down Omega-3 capsules throughout.

That is what  I would prescribe to myself. But, I have also drawn up an extensive 'good habits' regimen for myself, which starts with a good night's sleep and then, first thing in the morning....

But, let me  stop here, because the good night's sleep has eluded me for months now, it seems.

In fact, right  now I'm probably going to go home and watch 4 hours of Youtube, and if Jacob contacts me about going out to busk, I might make some excuse about the 94 degree heat, paired with this being the slowest month of the year.

Now that Jr.  is once again on friendly terms with me; there is always the option to go up to his place with my guitar and drink copious amounts of vodka and smoke weed with him...

I haven't been  so inclined...yet. But just having the possibility open shoos away the boogie man of wanting something just because you feel like you can' have it, type of thing.

Like, waking up  with no cigarettes makes you want one 5 times more than the supply of them you unconsciously smoked up, not because you were craving them, but more like on auto pilot.

You have just read 426 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, to me are like deflated balloons with notes tied to them, found on my back porch in the morning...