Monday, September 17, 2018

Immortalized

I wouldn't change much if I were to become chairman of the Olympic committee. I would change the baton used in the mile relay race to a big pair of scissors.

Thank you very much, be sure to tip the barista...

It is a Monday night and Jacob and I had a successful jam over at his house while his guardian, Bob, was away. We played a couple songs the names of which will be withheld because I want to surprise the composers of them with the result.
I saw this somewhere, thought I'd hang it here...

Jacob played the authentic kit of drum pads which when hit imitate the sounds of real drums, real drums in huge auditoriums, and cymbals and high hats that would cost a couple thousand bucks if purchased for their reality.

It is a very cool sounding contraption, excuse the pun.

The idea has always baffled me that the drum kit would be in almost every song heard on the radio and that the sound of a snare drum, for example would not become unpleasing to the ear. If someone were banging on a snare drum alone around a person all day that person might get tired of hearing it; but in the context of a musical band settings, it's possible to listen to a snare drum being hit all day and not get sick of it.
Same for the "thud" of a bass drum...

I played the acoustic guitar into a microphone set a few inches in front of it and sang from a few inches in front of another, and presto, a sound comparable to an average band using average equipment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.